I was out tonight and had the good fortune of missing tonight's Leaf game. Watching the highlights I noticed the Leafs have repeated some disturbing patterns:
- Again fell behind 2-0 very early in the game which pretty much is a game killer for this weak scoring team.
- Again gave up a couple of goals in a short period of time (28 seconds).
- Gustavsson had another weak game and was pulled. Is he really their starter next season?
- Captain Dion Phaneuf was an ugly -2 tonight but so was half the team.
- The only player to register more than 2 hits was Brett Lebda and he was on the ice for less than 10 minutes.
- The fans turned on the team again chanting 'Fire Wilson' and tossing some more waffles on the ice. This is going to be a long and painful season to watch.
As the Canuck Green Men noted (10 second mark below), this team is naughty.